top of page

HHL : President's Update - December 17th, 2018

The Strasbourg Maroons picked up their first win of the season on Friday evening in Strasbourg with an 8-2 victory over the Southey Marlins. Mike Arnold and Tanner Exner both led the way with two goals and three assists each.

Garret Lockeridge scored twice and on the power play Bryton Beattie and Sean Delwo each scored. Nelson Davis and Pat Thompson-Gale scored for the Marlins. Dallin Sorenson picked up his first win of the season stopping 39 shots. David Perkin was in the Southey net. The Maroons had four minor penalties and the Marlins had six. Also playing on Friday evening, the Bethune Bulldogs defeated the Cupar Canucks 12-3 in Cupar. On the previous Tuesday evening these teams hooked up in Bethune, twelve aside, and in a game that went through overtime and ten rounds of shootout before Shane Bakke got the final goal in shootout. The Bulldogs had a 3-0 lead in this game six minutes into the second period before Cupar answered with three goals to send this game into the third period tied 3-3. Cupar took their first lead of the game nine minutes into the third period and Bethune tied it with just over five minutes left in the period. Kyle Hall led the way for the Canucks scoring all four goals. Brock Appleyard scored twice for the Bulldogs and Coltyn Sanderson and Mike Reich both had a goal. Cupar was assessed two minor penalties and Bethune had four. Ryan Holfeld picked up the win in the Bethune net and Tanner Kehler was in the Cupar net. In the return match in Cupar, Derek Fuchs matched what Kyle Hall did in Bethune by scoring four goals. Coltyn Sanderson and Dustin MacAngus each had two goals. Other scoring came from Carter Smith, Lucas Ulmer and Joel Kot with the lone power play goal for the Bulldogs. Kyle Hall scored twice for the Canucks including a power play goal. Dallas Michlik also scored for the Canucks. Thae Canucks were handed three minor penalyies and the Bulldogs received six. Drew Geber played two periods in net and Colby Miller played the third period for the Canucks. Ryan Holfled picked up the win in net ofr the Bulldogs.

On Friday evening the first place Lumsden Monarchs hosted the second place Raymore Rockets. In the first period the teams traded goals with Austin Preete scoring for the Monarchs and Tyrell Shulko scoring for the Rockets. In the second period Josh Jordan scored for the Rockets and that goal was answered by a shorthanded goal from Andrew Perrault. Josh Jordan would then score on the power play and the Rockets had a 3-2 lead going into the third period. Early in the third period and within 52 seconds of each other Carter Hanson would score a power play goal and an even strength goal to give the Monarchs a 4-3 lead. Torey Lindsay would score later in the period to give the Monarchs a 5-3 lead. Tyrell Shulko would answer that with a goal to get the Rockets back to within one goal. Braden Adamyk would score a power play empty net goal for the Monarchs to make the final 6-4 Lumsden. Will Hood picked up the win in net stopping 26 shots. Riley Focht-Gabriel was in net for the Rockets and stopped 38 shots. Raymore had three minor penalties and Lumsden had six.

On Saturday evening, the Lumsden Monarchs moved to 11-0-0 with a 9-3 victory over the Maroons in Strasbourg. Brady Aulie and Tyler Penny each scored twice. Carter Hanson, Owen Schnell, Austin Preete, Brody Luhning and Josh Beaudry also scored for the Monarchs. Tanner Exner scored twice for the Maroons including one power play goal. Bryce Hubick scored a shorthanded goal. Will Hood picked up the win in the Lumsden net with 18 saves. Dallin Sorenson played the first two periods for the Maroons and Rhett Freistadt played the third period. They had 61 shots sent their way. Also on Saturday evening, the Cupar Canucks bounced back from their Friday evening home loss with a 5-0 victory over the Marlins in Southey. Brayden Frank had two goals, including a power play goal. Brett Boha and David Brown also scored with the man advantage. Matthew Boha also scored for the Canucks. Tanner Kehler picked up the shutout in the Cupar net. David Perkin was in the Southey net. Cupar had six minor penalties and Southey had seven plus a major penalty and a game misconduct.

Lucas Ulmer from Bethune now has a five point lead in the scoring race with 12 goals and 17 assists for 29 points. Tyrell Shulko from Raymore and Mike Reich are tied for second with 24 points. Kyle Johnson from Lumsden and Kyle Hall from Cupar are tied for fourth with 19 points. Tanner Kehler from Cupar has a 4-1 record and a 2.13 GAA to lead all goalies. Will Hood from Lumsden leads all goalies with a 7-0-0 record and has a 2.43 GAA. Travis Bosch, 4-0-0) from Lumsden is next with a 2.75 GAA.

Bethune continues to lead team power play statistics with a 35.5% success rate. All teams are now above the 20% success rate on the power play. Raymore is now at 27.5% and Lumsden is at 27.3%. On the penalty killing front, the Monarchs lead at 86.8%. Bethune is next at 82.6% and Cupar is next at 78.4%.

Four games before the Xmas break. On Friday evening Lumsden is in Southey and Raymore is in Strasbourg. On Saturday evening Southey visits Cupar and Raymore hosts Strasbourg. The Lumsden @ Bethune game scheduled for Saturday evening is being moved to January.


Related Local News Articles


Assiniboia   Broadview   Canora   Carlyle   Davidson   Esterhazy   Estevan   Fort Qu'appelle   Hudson Bay   Humboldt   Ituna   Kamsack   Kindersley   

Lloydminster   La Loche   La Ronge   Langenburg   Lumsden   Maple Creek   Meadow Lake   Melfort   Melville   Moose Jaw   Moosomin   Nipawin   

North Battleford   North Valley    Prince Albert    Regina   Rosetown   Saskatoon   Shaunavon   Swift Current   Warman   Weyburn   Wolseley   

White Butte   Wynyard   Yorkton


Watch Unlimited On Demand &
Live Streaming TV for $4.99/month

SNN Go App Logo - 512x512.png
Email-Logo 2019.png